The HobbyZone® Sport Cub S 2 is based on one of the all-time most popular trainer aircraft ever designed for learning to fly radio controlled (RC) airplanes-the legendary Sport Cub S. It’s ultra-micro size makes it the ideal choice for a smaller trainer model that can be flown in yards, parks, soccer fields, football fields and other suitable spaces where larger models can’t typically be flown successfully by first-time pilots. Exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced modes allow you to choose the level of stability and control you need, or are ready to try, at the flip of a switch.
- Updated version of one of the best-selling and most popular trainer models available for learning to fly radio controlled (RC) airplanes – the Sport Cub S
- 100% complete and ready to fly right out of the box – there’s nothing extra to buy, provide or assemble
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE® technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode activates at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Ultra-micro size to fly in small parks, at sports fields or even indoors over a basketball court
- Provides telemetry data to the controller/transmitter indicating flight battery voltage
- Spektrum™ controller/transmitter with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology
- Full 4-channel control for everything from training to aerobatic flight capability
- Capable of aerobatic manoeuvres including loops, rolls and upside down (inverted) flight
- LiPo battery and USB charger for long flight times and convenient recharging
- Powerful electric motor for easy operation and excellent performance
- Lightweight yet durable construction perfect for first-time pilots
- No FAA registration required (under the 250 gram weight limit)
- Full line of replacement/spare parts plus accessories available
- Optional float set (sold separately) for flying from water
- Practice flying this aircraft in the RealFlight® simulator
Welcome to the exciting world of RC (Radio Controlled) flight! If you’ve ever dreamed of taking to the skies, Horizon Hobby has you covered. We are committed to engineering aircraft that you can learn to fly with successfully even if you’ve never flown RC before. Every HobbyZone® aircraft we offer features industry-leading design and technology developed by experts to keep you in control and learning at your own pace so you can turn your dreams of flight into a reality!
The HobbyZone® Sport Cub S 2 makes learning to fly RC airplanes in more places and smaller spaces easier than ever! Based on one of the most popular trainer aircraft ever designed for learning to fly radio controlled (RC) airplanes-the legendary Sport Cub S -it’s ultra-micro size makes it the ideal choice for a smaller trainer model that can be flown in large yards, small parks, soccer fields, football fields and other suitable spaces where larger models can’t typically be flown successfully by first-time pilots. Install the optional float set (EFLUA1190, sold separately) and you can add large pools and small ponds to the list of places you can fly! Exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced modes allow you to choose the level of stability and control you need, or are ready to try, at the flip of a switch. Plus you can instantly return to stable flight using Panic Recovery in any flight mode. This makes the Sport Cub S 2 a natural evolution of the trainer many pilots learned to fly with because it includes all of the same great features, while also adding new telemetry capabilities that send flight battery voltage to the transmitter to make the pilot better aware of approximately how much “power” remains.
And the fun doesn’t stop after you learn how to fly! It’s lightweight yet durable airframe is equipped with a powerful electric motor that delivers long flight times and provides plenty of speed and power to perform aerobatic manoeuvres including loops, rolls and even inverted (upside down) flight. That means the Sport Cub S 2 is a model even experienced pilots will appreciate and enjoy flying – and can also use to teach others to fly. The Bind-N-Fly® Basic version is the perfect choice for those pilots because it allows them to use their favorite Spektrum™ transmitter along with batteries and chargers they may already own. And the Ready-To-Fly version is perfect for first-time pilots because it includes a Spektrum™ controller/transmitter equipped with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology, AA batteries for the transmitter, plus a rechargeable LiPo flight battery and USB charger. That means there’s nothing extra to buy or provide! Best of all both versions arrive 100% factory-assembled and ready to go right out of the box – no assembly required!
- Nothing! Everything you need to fly and begin having fun is included!
- (1) HobbyZone® Sport Cub S 2 with:
- (1) Electric Motor (installed)
- (2) Linear Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ Receiver, ESC and (2) Servo Control Unit (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ Controller/Transmitter
- (1) E-flite® 150mAh 1S 3.7V LiPo Battery
- (1) E-flite® 1S USB LiPo Battery Charger
- (4) AA Alkaline Batteries for the controller/transmitter
- (1) Product Manual
This Ready-To-Fly (RTF) version includes a controller/transmitter equipped with Spektrum™ DSMX® 2.4GHz technology and everything else you need to fly including AA batteries for the transmitter, a rechargeable lithium polymer battery for the airplane and a USB charger. That means there’s nothing extra to buy or provide so you can fly! The included transmitter can also be used with other ultra-micro/UMX (Ultra Micro eXtreme) Bind-N-Fly® (BNF) RC aircraft.
The Sport Cub S 2 arrives 100% factory-assembled and ready to go right out of the box. That means you can be flying in just the time it takes to charge the battery!
Construction with advanced EPS material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe. In the unfortunate event you damage any airframe parts or components and can’t repair them, a full line of replacement/spare parts is readily available.
Turn the Sport Cub S 2 into a float plane with the optional float set (sold separately). Installation takes just a few minutes and all the necessary hardware is included with the airplane and float set.
Learn to Fly Successfully with SAFE® Technology
If this is your first RC airplane, Horizon Hobby-exclusive SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology prevents over-control and crashes. It also offers multiple flight modes to deliver more control and capabilities as your skills progress at the flip of a switch:
In this flight mode, the airplane has pitch (up/down) and bank (left/right) angle limits that prevent over-control which could lead to a loss of orientation and crashes. When the control sticks are released, the airplane automatically returns to level flight allowing you to relax and enjoy simply ‘steering’ the airplane through the sky. Best of all, takeoffs are as simple as giving full throttle and letting the airplane fly off a suitable surface, or by giving it a quick hand launch over surfaces such as grass, and landings are as easy as lowering the throttle and letting it glide to a landing on its own.
This flight mode allows more freedom in pitch and bank, but still prevents significant over-control and the airplane does not return to level flight on its own. This allows you to make tighter turns and to climb and descend faster as your skills advance.
In this flight mode there are no pitch or bank angle limits so you have complete control! You can even fly inverted (upside down) and perform aerobatic manoeuvres including loops, rolls, stall turns and more.
If you lose control of the airplane in the Intermediate or Experienced flight modes, simply activate the Panic Recovery mode with the push of a button and release the control sticks. SAFE technology will automatically return the airplane to level flight.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.